We’re excited to share an innovative new Sam’s Club project coming to the Lower Greenville neighborhood of Dallas. Soon, the corner of Greenville and Richmond Avenues will be home to a unique club with an offering focused on convenience for the local community.
While this will be a membership club like all Sam’s Club locations, this club will be designed to help us innovate and improve our member experience. The focus will be on making shopping with us even easier through a more digital experience, including fast membership sign-up, easy returns, checkout using Scan & Go, and digital signage throughout the club. This will be smaller than a typical club – which is perfect for testing innovations in a live shopping environment. You can expect to see a new level of convenience at this facility, and the technologies we use will continue to evolve.
Beyond the convenience and the smaller size, the other key difference will be the assortment of items we offer. This site will carry a limited number of items focused on the community. We’ll lean heavily into grocery and fresh food items such as grab-and-go meals, the consumable items members buy most frequently, and services like fast, same-day Club Pickup and delivery options that will help busy families.
We know this site has been a subject of conversation over the years, and we are committed to being a good neighbor. We’ve begun discussing the location with the Lower Greenville Neighborhood Association, and we believe this will be a great use for this facility in this exciting part of town. We expect to create 30-40 jobs with good benefits at this location and to be an active member of the community.
We have submitted plans to the city and are beginning work on this project. We aim to open the site by this fall and look forward to serving the community. We’ll share more details about the project as it continues to come to life.
- 32,000 square foot facility
- 1,000 – 2,000 SKUs (items)
- Innovative technologies
- Convenient services including self-serve returns and fast pickup
- 30 – 40 good jobs created
- Planned hours of operations: Daily 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Good to know:
- This club will focus on convenience and allow us to use new and innovative technologies.
- This club will focus on the community, with fresh foods, grab-and-go meals, and services for busy families.
- This will be a membership club like all of our locations. Any Sam’s Club member will be able to shop there, but only members have access.