Editor’s note: Kath McLay, President and CEO –Sam’s Club, sent the following note to all members.
An update regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) for our members
Thank you for being a valued Sam's Club Member. You're the reason we do what we do, so I wanted to personally reach out to you regarding the current coronavirus situation. As I'm sure you've seen, there continues to be an influx of new information each day. So I appreciate the chance to update you on what we're doing right now at Sam's Club to protect you and your family.
1. Your Safety
First, I want to assure you that your safety and the safety of all of our members and associates remain our top priority. And that means you can shop us with confidence. Here are some of the measures we've taken in recent days:
- We've gone back and reinforced our industry-leading practices and policies regarding how we clean our clubs. Our goal - in this time and always - is to ensure a clean, safe, and sanitary environment, and our associates are exceeding the guidelines for cleanliness set in place by the CDC.
- We've increased the frequency of our cleaning assignments, particularly in the restrooms, café, and drinking fountains.
- We are wiping down our shopping carts with disinfectant after every use.
- We have worked with our demo partners to enhance our already rigorous safety and sanitation guidelines.
- We are posting hand sanitizer at every entrance and exit, and at designated registers.
- We're providing our associates up-to-date information to keep them - and their families - informed, aware and protected throughout this situation.
2. Out-of-Stock Items
We are seeing increasing numbers of shoppers in our clubs, and certain items like paper products and cleaning supplies are in high demand. Please know we are working to replenish these items as fast as humanly possible. We'll continue to work night and day to get these products to you.
3. Skip the checkout line by using our app
If you haven't tried it yet, now is a great time to check out our Scan & Go in the Sam's Club app. Simply scan each item as you put it in the cart, and then walk straight to the exit. No checkout lines. And of course, as always, we offer delivery to home and pick-up in club via the app as well.
Thank you for your patience and trust in us, and for being the heart of our business. You are the reason that 100,000 Sam's Club associates come to work each day. I promise that we will work harder than ever during this time to earn (and keep) that trust, and to live up to our rallying cry of delivering something special to you on every visit.
Kath McLay, Chief Executive Officer, Sam's Club