Standalone Sam’s Club Travel App now available for iOS and Android
BENTONVILLE, Ark. – December 4, 2014– Sam’s Club today announced availability of a new, free Sam’s Club Travel mobile application exclusively dedicated to members-only savings on hotels, rental cars, vacation homes, and other travel activities. Sam’s Club is the first mass market retailer to offer members a mobile app exclusively dedicated to leisure and business travel needs.
“Sam’s club members now have access to simplified travel search and lightning-fast booking capabilities through a dedicated app right on their iOS or Android devices,” said Jamie Iannone, President and CEO of SamsClub.com. “Our app combines massive travel inventory and weekly deals to help members save time and money -- whether they’re planning a business trip or well-deserved vacation.”
- Simplified search: Travelers can sort or filter their results based on price, star rating, Trip Advisor review count or distance from current location
- Last Minute “Deals” Tab: Time-crunched travelers seeking a hotel stay could find exclusive last minute (same day or next day) savings of up to 60 percent off of retail[i]in the “Deals” tab.
- Comprehensive Inventory: Book more than 40,000 hotels and 10,000 activities in more than 4,500 cities; vacation homes, flights and more than 18 car rental brands with 25,000 pick-up locations worldwide.
- Faster Booking: Each travel product can be quickly and conveniently booked using a card-imaging feature that auto-populates card information.
- Easy Access to Reservations
- 24/7 Member Support online and through the Sam’s Club Travel Call Center at 1-855-680-6663, which supports travel changes, cancellations due to weather and more.
- Global Adaptability: Change the app language, theme and currency
Based on 2014 eMarketer research on U.S. consumers’ digital travel booking habits[ii], many of the 26 million Americans booking travel digitally bundle their travel apps, including airlines, rental car companies, hotels and aggregator services like Sam’s Club Travel, on their phones and tablets.
“Our mission as a membership club is to provide legendary member service and stay relevant to our member wherever and whenever they shop,” said Iannone. “I encourage our members to download both Sam’s Club appsto find savings of money and time on anything they need, from travel and everyday needs to pharmacy, credit and photo center services.”
Sam’s Club Travel was launched on SamsClub.com in June 2014 in collaboration with Tourico Holidays, a worldwide leader in innovative wholesale travel services. Sam’s Club offers Weekly Travel Insider emails for members that showcase weekly deals at SamsClub.com/traveloffers.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products, savings and services to millions of members in 646 clubs in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. To learn more about Sam’s Club, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook.
[i]Savings are estimated savings and not representative of actual savings. Estimated member savings are based on identical itineraries (i.e., same hotel, room-type, category, rate terms & conditions, reservation dates, number of guests, length-of-stay, etc.) of specific products sold on both the Sam’s Club Travel App and other retail travel websites.
[ii]eMarketer, May 2014, US Digital Travel Sales, Complete Forecast; June 2014, US Digital Travel on the go;
Available for iOS and Android devices
A sample of easy-to-find hotel savings at the location our members want.