Jan. 27, 2021
By Tony Rogers, Senior Vice President and Chief Member Officer, Sam’s Club
Nothing makes me happier than bringing the Sam’s Club promise — Expect Something Special — to life for our members. That’s exactly what we’ve done with the new and enhanced Sam’s Club Mastercard. And, for Sam’s Club Plus members, there’s no better way to save on Sam’s Club purchases and everyday items everywhere the card is accepted.
Beginning Jan. 27, we’ll introduce an updated Sam’s Club Mastercard with richer rewards and greater conveniences designed to help our members earn more when shopping. To help us, we’ve tapped into Synchrony Bank to turn our card into an industry-leading program, offering up to 5% cash back on eligible purchases to Sam’s Club Plus members, and so much more.
You can read more about the news here. Cardmembers can take advantage of these new benefits and features:
- More value: 3 + 2 = 5: Plus members earn 3% back on eligible purchases when shopping in-club or digitally through Sam’s Club when they use their Sam’s Club Mastercard and another 2% back from their Plus membership, for a total of up to 5% rewards on eligible purchases.
- Savings: For everyday eligible purchases, the credit card offers an industry leading 5% cash back on fuel anywhere (up to $6,000), 3% cash back on dining and takeout, and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- Less contact: As consumers look for ways to transact without touching cash, cards, or keypads, Synchrony has enabled Sam’s Club with contact-free technology, including the integration of payments capabilities into Sam’s Club Scan & Go patented solution, both in-club and at the pump.
- Mobile first: Sam’s Club cardholders can easily make purchases, track spending, check and pay balances, and securely manage and freeze accounts via the Sam’s Club mobile app enabled by the Synchrony plug-in (‘SyPi’).
- Digitized rewards: No more paper checks! Rewards are automatically loaded onto membership cards and can be used for future purchases made both online and in club, or exchanged for cash back.
- Applying made easy: Members can apply for the Sam’s Club Mastercard in club and via digital channels including the member service desk, at the point of sale (including Scan & Go), the Sam’s Club mobile app, SamsClub.com, via text message, and self-checkout enabled with Synchrony’s patent-pending dApply technology, API’s, and the Synchrony plug-in (‘SyPi’).
All existing Sam’s Club Mastercard cardholders will automatically be upgraded to the new credit card. If you're already a member but don't have the card, applying is as easy as hopping on the Sam’s Cub mobile app or samsclub.com, or stopping by the nearest club.
We tell our members to Expect Something Special. With the new Sam’s Club Mastercard, you have access to all kinds of special at every one of our 597 clubs and fuel centers across the United States and Puerto Rico, at samsclub.com and beyond.
*Cash Rewards are only available for Sam’s Club Plus Members for in-club purchases with any form of payment. Sam’s Club Plus Members get 2% back on qualifying pre-tax purchases with a maximum reward of $500 per 12-month membership period. Cash Rewards are awarded annually about 2 months prior to renewal date and loaded onto the membership card for use in club, on SamsClub.com or redeemable for cash. A member can accumulate a Maximum Balance of $2,000 in earned Cash Rewards on a membership card, at which point accrual of Cash Rewards stops until the Maximum Balance is reduced. Cash Rewards are not earned for purchases made during the time of Maximum Balance. Restrictions apply. Visit SamsClub.com/CashRewards for exclusions, program details and terms and conditions.
Sam’s Club® Mastercard® cardholders earn Cash Back Rewards on eligible net purchases (less credits, returns, taxes and adjustments) made with their Sam’s Club® Mastercard® account. Rewards percentages depend on the type of purchase made. Cash Back Rewards are not earned on the following purchases or transactions at Sam’s Club or SamsClub.com: cash advances, tobacco and smoking related products (including electronic cigarettes), prescription purchases, reloading or purchase of prepaid cards, gift cards (including third party gift cards), or any cash equivalents. Maximum of $5,000 in Cash Back Rewards can be earned in a calendar year. Eligible Purchases on multiple Card Accounts for the same Sam’s Club member, including business and personal accounts, will be aggregated in determining the $5,000 maximum Cash Back per year. Cash Back Rewards are issued starting each February for the Cash Back earned during the previous calendar year. Cash Back Rewards are forfeited if the Sam’s Club® Mastercard® account is not in good standing (i.e., is delinquent) or if the Sam’s Club Membership terminates or lapses. Cash Back Rewards will be automatically loaded onto your Sam’s Club membership and may be redeemed only at a Sam’s Club location or at SamsClub.com. See the “How to Earn Cash Back with your Sam’s Club® Mastercard®” rewards program terms or visit SamsClub.com/sams/images/MasterCard_CashBack.pdf for details. The Sam’s Club Mastercard is issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.