- Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers Program Privacy Notice Summary
- What types of information do we collect and how do we collect it?
- How do we use transaction data?
- How do we share transaction data outside of Sam’s Club?
- What are your choices?
Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers Program Privacy Notice Summary
What types of information do we collect and how do we collect it?
This notice covers transaction data. Transaction data is collected, used, and shared in the course of administering the Program. This data may include, but is not limited to, the following data elements: merchant name and ID, authorization amount, transaction amount, time transaction was processed, last 4 digits of your linked card number, and other transaction details.
How do we use transaction data?
We use transaction information in the following ways:
- To confirm a qualifying purchase or return to match transactions to confirm whether you qualify for Sam’s Cash related to an offer under the Program;
- To share transaction data with a participating merchant for the merchant to confirm that a specific transaction occurred or if Sam’s Cash should be awarded under the Program. For example, we may share the date and amount of your purchase and the last 4 digits of your linked card number so the merchant can verify your purchase with its records if there is a missing or disputed transaction;
- To provide participating merchants aggregated and anonymized information relating specifically to linked card activity solely to allow participating merchants to assess the results of their campaign within the Program;
- To create a record of the transaction data for purposes of displaying transaction history on your Sam’s Club membership and SamsClub.com accounts and thereafter maintain and use data in connection with operating the Program;
- To conduct analysis for the improvement and optimization of the Program;
- To use past purchases at participating or similar merchants on linked Visa cards to target offers that may be of interest to you; and
- Provide information in order to respond to a request from a government authority or a payment organization involved in a transaction with you or a participating merchant.
How do we share transaction data outside of Sam’s Club?
We may share transaction data in limited circumstances when sharing is necessary to operate the Program, such as sharing with our service provider, Figg, Inc., applicable payment card networks, and participating merchants.
What are your choices?
If you have consented to participate in the Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers Program, please visit Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers Program Terms and Conditions to learn more about the data collection, use, and sharing practices in connection with the Program. If you do not want your transaction data for future transactions used and disclosed in these ways, you may unlink your credit or debit card(s) from your Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers Program account. For each credit or debit card that you want to unlink, follow the steps below:
- On the Sam’s Cash Bonus Offers Program website, click on Your Cards;
- Click on Unlink Card;
- Confirm you want to unlink the card;
- You must repeat this process for every card you want to unlink.